Tuesday, January 30, 2018


I’m a planner and a doer. I’m a very driven and ambitious person. I like order. I like everything to be in its place. I like failproof schedules and flawless plans. And while these are probably some of my finer qualities, they can also be my biggest weaknesses.

Sometimes I focus so much on where I am going that I miss all the things along the way. I used to really struggle when things didn’t go according to plan. But I have learned that there must be a balance between having goals and living in the moment. Between meeting expectations and achieving success and yet relishing the tasks it takes to get there. Perhaps the key is knowing that the journey is always the most important part. If we can learn how to live in the moment, how to create our own happiness and to find our joys from within, then this life, this journey, becomes one big adventure destined to lead us to exactly the places we desire to be.

Live simply to live. Love simply to love. Do because you enjoy doing. Travel for travels sake.

Take it from someone who finally figured things out; never get so caught up in the end destination that you don’t appreciate the journey you are traveling to get there, for the journey is EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment